The most challenging thing (of the 7 1/2 Things) for me in being a life long learner is "Play". The easiest thing for me is "Have confidence in yourself as a competent, lifelong learner".
"Play!" is the most difficult for me as I often see learning as a job to do. I need to cross off my list what needs to be done, and if I have satisfied the requirements, then I need to move on to another task. Playing, I feel, is often a waste of time and frivolous. I understand the importance of play, but seldom make time for it.
Having confidence in myself is the easiest of the things. I feel that I am smarter than the average bear and if others can do it, darn it, so can I. (Don't ever tell me I can't learn something - I'll set out to prove you wrong!)
Since I need to work on "play" I will intentionally set aside time to do so. See? I played around and attached a picture of the average bear!
Friday, June 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

+of+Picture+741.jpg)
Love the picture! I understand (and identify) with your reluctance to play in a professional setting such as this course. However, you do have a "playful" attitude which will serve you well in the long run - both personally and professionally.
ReplyDeleteFor some reason, as adults, we stop just playing. We tell ourselves that we don't have time.
ReplyDeleteA while ago I made the decision to not watch TV (except for the local news). I was AMAZED at how much time I got back and filled that time with learning new things, tinkering and just playing with stuff that make me a better learner.
Thanks for your great observation and the nice picture.